Mpayy's Collection of your Information:
When you visit the Mpayy website, we collect your IP address, operating system, computer/mobile device and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information - the bank account numbers and credit card numbers that you link to your Mpayy account.
Mpayy may use "Web beacons" to present offers on Mpayy.com, other sites on which Mpayy advertises, or in our e-mails. This enables us to enhance offers and track website usage. We sometimes use "vendors" and "business partners" to manage web beacons and the data they collect; however, Web beacons do not capture your individual e-mail address or any other personal information that you enter on the Mpayy site.
Before permitting you to use our Service, we may require you to provide additional information so we can verify your identity, such as your date of birth, social security number or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
When you are using our Service, we collect information about your account transactions, and we may collect information about your computer or other access devices for fraud prevention purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
When you access our website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer.
We may send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don't need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
Protection & Storage of Personal Information:
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
All data is stored and processed within the confines of our data center host, U.S. Bank (NYSE: USB), and is protected by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to buildings, files, and personnel access.
Use of Personal Information:
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Fulfill Customer Service requests;
- Process and communicate transactions to you and your transactional counterparty;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce Mpayy's Member Agreement;
- Make decisions about the layout and function of our website;
- Service update notices, send targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
Personal Information Available to Other Mpayy Users:
To process your payments, we need to share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying or is paying you. Your Mpayy nickname, customer service contact information and whether you have a verified wireless device may be displayed or made available to your Mpayy customers who transact with you through Mpayy.
If you are buying goods or services and pay through Mpayy, we may provide the seller with the shipping address for the goods and contact email to complete your transaction with the seller. The seller is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it.
We work with merchants to enable them to accept payments from you using Mpayy. In doing so, a merchant may share information about you with us, such as your email address, when you attempt to pay that merchant. We use this information to confirm to that merchant that you are a Mpayy customer and that the merchant should enable Mpayy as a form of payment for your purchase.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you through Mpayy, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
Third Party Personal Information Sharing:
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations; (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer a product such as US Bank (NYSE: USB) and NOVA Information Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of U.S. Bank.
- Credit bureaus to report outstanding negative balance accounts, as allowed by law.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when we:
- Are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- Need to do so to comply with law
- Believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
Mpayy will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can access or change your personal information:
You can review your personal information and make any necessary changes, at any time by logging into your account and clicking "Modify Personal Information" from your Dashboard..
How you can contact us about privacy questions:
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by using this form or writing to us at Mpayy, Attn: Privacy Department, 101 N. Wacker Dr., Ste. 2006 Chicago, Il. 60606.